I am pleased and humbled to announce that The Amish Catholic has received 150,000 views! It’s been a wonderful experience since February of 2017. Thank you to all my many readers, especially those of you who take the time to comment on, share, or promote my work. It means more than you know. May God bless all of you!
Month: June 2019
30 Alternate Religious Mottos
As my readers will no doubt be aware, most religious orders have a motto that encapsulates their particular charism. However, many of these are a bit tired and could use with some updating. Here are my proposals:
- Benedictines: Prayer, Work, Monk-eying Around
- Jesuits: Up to Something
- Dominicans: Sed Contra
- Franciscans: Need a Bath
- Lazarists: Nolite Me Tangere o Pauperes
- Carthusians: ——-
- Carmelites: Better Than You
- Oratorians: O Happy Flowers!
- Trappists: Beer, Cheese, Keeping Death Daily Before One’s Eyes
- Cistercians: Trappists But With Fewer Skills
- Opus Dei: Definitely Not a Cult
- Augustinians: Peaked in 1517
- Norbertines: We Have White Birettas
- Redemptorists: Sowing Scrupulosity, Reaping Laxity
- Missionaries of Charity: Not Just a Gap Year
- Passionists: Dying in a Train Station
- Marists: Not the Marianists
- Legion of Christ: [REDACTED]
- Congregation of Holy Cross: Go Irish!
- Theatines: We Still Exist
- LCWR: Anything Goes!
- Salesians: Something for the Boys
- Basilian Monks: είμαστε ακόμα εδώ
- Camaldolese: Get Off My Lawn!
- ICKSP: All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go
- Marianists: Not the Marists
- Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters: Pretty in Pink
- Heralds of the Gospel: Blasphemous Simpsons Episode Offends the Blessed Mother!
- Anglican Ordinariate: He Hath Vouchſafèd Unto Us These His Comfortable Words
- Secular Priests: Singalong Fun with Christopher West!