1. Mary’s heart is the prism which catches the ineffable light of the Godhead and scatters it out as all the many graces of the world.
2. Mary is the pure candle holding aloft the undying flame of the Holy Spirit – the light and heat are Christ in his humanity and divinity, come to quicken the dead earth.
3. Mary’s heart is the spotless flower from which we, like so many bees, draw forth the fragrant nectar of Christ to make sweet honey for our God and King.
4. Mary’s heart is the fresh spring of grace that flows until it has become the mighty river of all the baptismal waters through history.
5. One word spoken by Mary is more ravishing to the angels and saints than the music of our worship, the hymns of the dead in purgatory, or even that sweetest sound, the prayer of a single penitent sinner.
6. Mary’s heart is the jeweled cask that hides a treasure inexhaustible.
7. Mary is the ever-new wineskin, and she always receives the new wine of God’s undying graces.
8. As the Ark rested beneath the watchful gaze of the two angels, so Mary is attended by her two angelic forebears, Enoch and Elijah.
9. Mary’s Immaculate Heart is the pillar of fire; the breath of her Fiat is the pillar of cloud.
10. Mary is the crown of the priest and king, his finest ornament and glory as he stands at prayer for us in the Holy of Holies.
11. Mary is the priestly breastplate, the glory of the House of Israel, the bearer of the Urim and Thummim of Christ’s two natures, guardian of the heart of the High Priest.
12. Mary is the Golden Vestment of Adoring Sacrifice and the Linen Vestment of Atoning Sacrifice.
13. Mary is the triumphant sister of Jael and Judith.
14. Mary is the undying hearth in winter, and she who tends the hearth.
15. Mary is the strong tree of shelter for us and the wood of the cross for her son.
16. Mary is the threefold seat of wisdom.
17. Mary is the ring of Solomon the King, that all the demons fear and tremble before.
18. Mary is the blueprint of Heaven and its surest map.
19. Mary is the granary of Heaven, opened for us in the time of our souls’ great famine.
20. Mary is the Pelican, piously feeding her children with the fruit of her own Immaculate Heart.
21.Mary is the cup of the everlasting nuptials.
22. Mary is the abyss of all Light, and the Light is Christ.
23. Mary is the white fire; her spouse is the black fire; together, they bring forth the Word.
24. Mary is the perfect circle of the nimbus around Christ’s head.
25. Mary is Eden-Garden.
26. Mary is Bethel of Jacob.
27. Mary is Eretz Yisrael.
28. Mary is Mt. Sinai.
29. Mary is Mt. Zion.
30. Mary is Jordan-Bank.
31. Mary is Mt. Tabor.
32. Mary is Golgotha.
33. Mary is the Cenacle.
34. Mary is the Tree of Life, the fruit of which we are given to eat, now and always.
35. Mary is the Tree of Life, on which the world of the spirit turns.
36. Mary is the Tree of Life, perfectly united to Christ in His sacrifice.
37. Mary is the visible whirlwind from which God speaks to the Righteous man suffering; her spouse is the invisible whirlwind, from which the wind derives its likeness.
38. Mary is the wing of the Seraphim lifted into flight by that ghostly wind.
39. Mary is the flowering earth under the footprint of Christ, her son.
40. Mary is the willow who weeps with an inconsolable grief.
41. Mary is the first high cliff that meets the light of the rising Sun.
42. The heart of Mary is as a treasure hidden in a placid blue sea.
43. Mary is the haven of white sands.
44. In Mary, lava cascades into the sea and builds a new land.
45. Mary’s heart is the molten forge of the King’s great weapons.
46. Mary’s heart is the gift of roses and lilies upon the altar.
47. Mary’s heart is the mirror of heaven.
48. Mary’s heart is the root of a golden fruit, the sacred heart of her son.
49. Mary’s heart is the privileged parchment on which the Holy Ghost composes the chant of every Angelic choir.
50. Mary’s heart is God’s library, wherein He may read and recount His own great deeds in all of human history.
51. Mary’s heart is the throne of the cosmic King.
52. Mary is the unstained looking-glass through which we see Christ clearly.
53. Mary is the altar.
54. Mary is the Tabernacle
55. Mary is the Lampstand.
56. Mary is the Holy of Holies.
57. Mary is the parted veil.
58. Mary is the lantern we carry that spreads the Uncreated Light before us on our path.
59. Mary is the Queen of all our darkest nights.
60. Mary is she who speaks the ineffable name of God, and lives.
61. Mary is the first and perfect Veronica, keeper of the Holy Face of Jesus.
62. Mary is the first and perfect Magdalene, anointing Christ with her unblemished humanity.
63. Mary is the first and perfect Martha, laboring always for Christ and His kingdom.
64. Mary is the first and perfect Lydia, following the Gospel wherever it leads.
65. Mary is the first and perfect Priscilla, aid to all the successors of the Apostles.
66. Mary is the hidden Aleph at the start of God’s great book.
67. Mary is the firmament.
68. Mary is the firstborn of the Redeemed World according to the order of time.
69. Mary is the Golden Fountain of all graces.
70. Mary is the Garden and the Garden-Ground.
71. Mary’s heart is the thurible in the hands of the Great High Priest; her pure prayer goes up to the Father as so much fiery incense.
72. Mary’s heart is the Chalice that receives and holds the Most Precious Blood.
73. Mary’s heart is the gem at the center of God’s crown.
74. Mary’s heart is the virgin land where stands the banner of her son.
75. Mary is the ladder of the Angels.
76. Mary is the cloud that rises from the sea.
77. Mary is the one who chants the music we had forgotten.
78. Mary is the canopy of the undying marriage between Christ and His bride.
79. Mary is the neck of the Church.
80. Mary is the joy of all creatures.
81. Mary is the Star seen in the East.
82. Mary is the chariot of the dawn.
83. Mary is she who has surpassed Semele and Psyche.
84. Mary is she who shames Juno and Venus.
85. Mary is she who overcomes Minerva and Diana.
86. Mary is the unlooked-for gift.
87. Mary’s name is the shield of Michael.
88. Mary’s name is the lily of Gabriel.
89. Mary’s name is the staff of Raphael.
90. Mary’s name is the honey of the angels.
91. Mary is the black cloud bringing rain to the desert.
92. Mary is the gateway to the land of the living.
93. Mary is the orb of God’s blessing to the righteous.
93. Mary is the scepter of God’s wrath to the demons.
94. Mary is God’s royal seal upon His creation.
95. Mary is the quarry and mine of the Temple.
96. Mary is the font of new birth.
97. Mary is the Queen from whom all queens take their pattern.
98. Mary is the one enthroned in the heart of Jesus Christ, and His perfect likeness.
99. Mary is the sweet perfume of the holy through all the ages.
100. Mary is the eternity’s memory.